It’s beginning to look at lot like Christmas around here! There’s only 19 more days until Christmas and I can hardly believe it! It’s sneaking up on me and I still have tons of shopping and crocheting to do before it gets here!
I had a request for a snowman top hat to use in a newborn photo shoot. I had never made anything like this before so I turned to pinterest to look for a pattern! I came across THIS PATTERN from Pattern Paradise! I tweaked it a little for my needs and I think it turned out cute! I can’t wait to see how it looks in pictures!
- size H hook
- size F hook
- Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn! in black
- Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn! in Cranberry
- Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn! in Dark Olive
- yarn needle
Please use the original patter found HERE! I used this pattern but tweaked a few things for my needs.
- On round 1, instead of doing 8 hdc in the magic ring, I crocheted 10 hdc in the magic ring. ( I crochet very tight. If you are a loose crocheter, you are probably fine only crocheting 8 hdc) I continued the pattern until the band.
- For the band
- Row 1: ch 1 and sc in each stitch around, sl st in the first sc of the row.
- Rows 2-5: ch 1 and hdc in each stitch around, sl st in the first hdc of the row.
- For the Brim I followed the original pattern
- For the Holly I used THIS PATTERN from Oombawka Designs! I used a size F hook and followed the pattern exactly!
This snowman top hat would make a great gift for a Christmas baby! You could also make the larger size and use it for a tree topper or a Christmas decoration in your home!